Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Anchor locker resurfaced

Quick post on a recent project where I resurfaced the anchor locker, the before and after pictures kind of tell it all.  The old paint was coming of in chunks and exposing the fiberglass.  I started by scraping off as much as I could, then went in with a power sander and roughed it up some.  I certainly didn't do this professionally, that would've required a lot more sanding and that would've required a full suit and breathing apparuttus to avoid all the fiberglass, so I did the best I could and used 5 coats of Interlux Bilgekoat white.

before, after 16 years of use
after 5 new coats of Bilgekoat


and with divider inserted
So now we're going with 200' of 3/8" BBB chain (and another 100' of 5/8" 3 braid) on the secondary which is a 45lb Bruce and 300' of the same chain on our 85lb Mantus - get one of these and sleep at night!

and 300' of new 3/8" BBB chain


No comments:

Post a Comment